Spinach & Brussel Sprouts Colcannon
- 6 medium-sized Idaho russet or Idaho gold potatoes, peeled
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium-sized thinly sliced onions
- 2-3 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, plus 1/2 cup
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water and season lightly with kosher salt.
- Bring to boil. Cool until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, caramelize the onions and Brussel sprouts in the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes are done, drain and add them back to the pot.
- Add the caramelized onions and Brussel sprouts to the hot potatoes with the cream, remaining butter, and chopped spinach.
- Smash until smooth and creamy.
- Add a little milk to thin, if needed.
- Season once more and enjoy!